The Passyunk Avenue Corporation Neighborhood Sidewalk Cleaning Program
The Passyunk Avenue Corporation neighborhood sidewalk cleaning program is run in coordination with the East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District and is managed by ABM Janitorial Services.
The primary focus of cleaning activities will be East Passyunk Avenue, from Federal Street to Broad Street, the location of the majority of the real estate that PARC owns and leases for commercial and residential uses. This commercial corridor will be cleaned daily.
The surrounding residential neighborhood which is bounded by Ninth Street (east), Snyder Avenue (south), South Broad Street (west), and Federal Street (north) is also included in the cleaning program. The frequency is determined by need and request from neighbors.
See a map of the service area to the right.
Scope of Work
- Maintain a safe working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Normal daily schedule of cleaning in a specific geographical location
- Clean debris and dirt from grates and manholes (this may require the use of authorized company equipment)
- Clean in and around planters
- The use of push brooms and shovels when necessary
- Place collected trash in city owned trash receptacles or in a trash bag issued for PARC. These bags are to be used where there are no receptacles available or where the volume of debris and dirt collected is too high for the available trash receptacles
- Loading, unloading and storing of equipment from trailers and vans
- Green Machine street sweeper will be used
Help Us Help You!
- Bag trash properly and ensure the bags are tied tightly
- Set trash out at the proper time, ideally the night before your scheduled collection date established by the city
- We have a limited number of recycle bins available, call our office if you need one
- Remember that your trash day is delayed by one day during Municipal Holidays.
The holiday schedule:
|January 1||New Year's Day|
|3rd Monday in January||M. L. King's Birthday|
|3rd Monday in February||Presidents' Day|
|(Varies) March or April||Good Friday|
|Last Monday in May||Memorial Day|
|July 4||Independence Day|
|1st Monday in September||Labor Day|
|2nd Monday in October||Columbus Day|
|November 11||Veterans Day|
|4th Thursday in November||Thanksgiving Day|
|December 25||Christmas Day|